For the examinations, please follow the following rules:
Failure to follow these (common-sense) rules will result in a reduction of your examination score, likely down to zero.
- Bring a blank, unadulterated "blue book". The instructor reserves the right to inspect your blue book at any time prior to or during the examination.
- Use ink-based writing utensils, and only ink-based ones, in blue or black. The instructor reserves the right to ignore anything you write down by any other means.
- Write only into the "blue book", or into extra sheets you may request from the instructor.
- Mark the blue book with your full name and the date prior to turning it in.
- Do not make use of any notes, books, handouts, printouts, special markings, the writings of other students, electronic devices, or other sources of information, except where expressly permitted by the instructor.
- Follow the instructor's seating assignment.
- Do not interfere with other students' work. Do not talk, except to communicate with the instructor.
On exam days, we will begin with a Q&A session lasting up to 1:30, followed by a break. After the break, all students will be assigned (randomised) seating. The instructor may then inspect blue books,
and will finally hand out exam sheets. Both exams will have a time limit, which is yet to be determined (but will most likely between 1h and 1:30h).
Note that no collaboration is allowed during exams.